How much can I borrow?
Once we’ve prepared your application, we will send it to our panel of Lenders and you will know exactly how much you can borrow.
Can I apply for a mortgage even though I haven’t chosen a property yet?
Yes you can, this is called Approval in Principal. It’s a very good idea to have it before you start looking at properties so that you have a realistic idea of what you can afford. We will get this for you before you start house-hunting.
What documents will I need to apply for a Mortgage?
- Salary certificate – your employer can give you this
- Last 3 payslips
- Last 6 current account statements
- Last 6 savings account statements
- Last 6 credit card statements
- 12 month statement of existing borrowings – e.g. car loan or credit union loan
- Photo ID – e.g. passport or driving licence
- Copy of a utility bill from your current address
What kind of Insurance do I need when taking out a Mortgage?
You will need Mortgage Protection and Home Building Insurance.
Are there any other costs involved?
You will need to get a valuation of the property you intend to buy. If it is a second hand property, you may also need to get a structural survey done.
I am self-employed, can I still get a Mortgage?
Yes you can. The information you need to provide is a bit different to an employed applicant. The Lenders will want to see:
- 3 year’s financial accounts certified by your accountant
- confirmation that your tax affairs are up-to-date and in order
- 6 months’ bank account statements
- 3 years’ Revenue Notices of Assessment and Tax Clearance confirmation
Warning: If you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home.